Senior IP NETWORK & SECURITY ENGINEER
We are looking for an experienced (Sr.) IP Network & Security Engineer to join our team at HQ in De Meern, The Netherlands.
The IP Network Engineering department is responsible for the design, development, implementation, maintenance, security and documentation of the Castor IP backbone infrastructure.
As a senior IP Network Engineer, you play a pivotal role in projects where data integrity and system availability are of vital importance. Depending on the nature of the project you work independently or in team structures, contributing to design and implementations of regular and more complex L2 and L3 networks, VPN deployments, load balancing solutions, anti-DDOS architectures, etc.
Colleagues in client support roles (NOC and IT helpdesk support) may escalate 2nd or 3rd line IP networking issues to you during your work day but possibly also after hours (on call rotation).
- Taking ownership of and responsibility for the Castor IP backbone infrastructure, in terms of design, development, implementations, maintenance, security and documentation.
- Providing L2/L3 IP Network support to 1st level NOC/IT support teams (including call out)
Required Skills and Experience:
- You have >4 years of relevant work experience as an IP (backbone) Network & Security Engineer in an ISP environment
- You have a bachelor or master’s in engineering
- Cisco CCNP certification
- Ability to configure and administer firewalls (Cisco ASA)
- Cisco IOS/ NX-OS exposure
- Experience with Unix/ Linux systems (firewalling)
- Experience with ISP network design and operations (BGP, EIGRP)
- You have experience with technical documentation
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to speak and read/write in Dutch will be considered a plus
- You are an EU resident with EU work permit
- Optimistic attitude
- Problem solver
- Effective communicator
- Professional and ethical behavior
- Team player also able to work independently
- Customer oriented
- An opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast growing company with an international scope
- An independent position with many responsibilities
- A chance to work with driven and intelligent colleagues
- Personal development (we enable you to study and develop yourself)
- An informal and pleasant working atmosphere, in a modern office with lots of flexibility
- Fulltime contract for one year initially, with intention to renew after one year
A competitive salary based on relevant experience
To apply for this position, please email your resume to our HR Team on: HR@castornetworks.com.