Sr. NOC engineer, Headquarters in De Meern, Netherlands
Castor Networks is a leading satellite service provider and teleport operator based in the Netherlands. We provide Mobile and Fixed Satellite Services to companies active in the Mining, Energy and Maritime industries, NGOs and Government organizations.
Castor has offices in De Meern (HQ, NL), Groningen (NL), DR Congo, South Sudan, Central African Republic and South Africa. Most of our services are operated out of our main teleport facility in the Netherlands. To maintain a global satellite reach we also operate services out of partner teleports located in other parts of the world.
We have a requirement for an experienced (Sr.) NOC Engineer to join our Network Operation Center in De Meern, The Netherlands.
As a NOC engineer you monitor and manage all production systems and services, taking steps to improve performance, reliability or uptime. The NOC engineer configures and activates new VSAT terminals and takes care of customer (helpdesk) support in case issues arise.
- Providing technical support to international customers with regards to satellite communication systems and services (VSAT/IP/ Data/Voice/ Audio/Video/Teleport).
- Implementing and activating fixed and maritime VSAT sites via our iDirect platforms.
- Providing line-ups for occasional-use (video uplinks).
- (Pro)active monitoring of our platforms, networks and infrastructure.
- Solving issues and registering issues through our trouble ticketing system.
- Tasks will be performed in a 24/7-NOC shift and 24/7 callout shift.
Required Skills and Experience:
- You have >2 years of relevant work experience as an IP/RF/VSAT Engineer or have worked in a NOC or technical help desk environment dealing with VSAT services.
- You have a bachelor or masters in telecommunications / engineering
- Cisco CCNA or CCENT is preferred.
- Knowledge of iDirect VSAT services.
- Experience with telecommunications and IP.
- Excellent English language skills both orally and in writing.
- Team player with good communication skills and customer focused orientation.
- You like to engage and communicate with customers in providing them the support they need.
- You are an EU resident. Applicants without EU residency or EU work permit won’t be considered for this position!
- Optimistic attitude
- Customer oriented
- Effective communicator
- Professional and ethical behavior
- Problem solver
- Self motivator
- An independent position with many responsibilities, an interesting customer base, and capability to work on a large number of technical platforms
- An informal and pleasant working atmosphere
- Room for personal development with good training opportunities, for example in the area of Cisco and iDirect
- Fulltime contract for one year initially, with intention to renew after 1 year
A competitive salary, based on relevant experience.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to HR: HR@castormarine.com
Note to agencies: Acquisition is not appreciated.